FERGUS, ONT. - The request for proposals (RFP) stage has closed for shortlisted teams to submit bids to design, build and finance the Groves Memorial Community Hospital.
Following a fair, open and transparent request for qualifications (RFQ) process that began in September 2015, three shortlisted teams were invited to respond to the RFP issued in June 2016. Three teams- GMCH Partnership, EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare and PCL Constructors Canada-have submitted bids. The teams include:
- GMCH Partnership
- Developer: Bondfield Construction Company Limited
- Design: Diamond and Schmitt Architects Inc.; HH Angus; exp Services Inc.
- Construction: Bondfield Construction Company Limited
- Financial advisor: Rocklynn Capital Inc.
- EllisDon Infrastructure Healthcare
- Developer: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Design: architects Tillman Ruth Robinson; The Mitchell Partnership; WalterFedy Partnership; Hastings and Aziz
- Construction: EllisDon Design Build Inc.
- Financial advisor: EllisDon Capital Inc.
- PCL Constructors Canada
- Developer: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Design: Parkin Architects Ltd.; Smith and Anderson; Stephenson Engineering
- Construction: PCL Constructors Canada Inc.
- Financial advisor: TD Securities
Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Groves Memorial Community Hospital will now evaluate the proposals, select a preferred bidder, and then negotiate a final contract. A fairness monitor will oversee the entire process and the successful bidder is expected to be announced in the summer of 2017. The new hospital will be built in Aboyne, Ont., between Elora and Fergus, and replace the existing Groves Memorial Community Hospital in Fergus.
Expected to be completed in 2019, the new Groves Memorial Community Hospital project will include:
- a replacement hospital built on a greenfield site, with more space for emergency, ambulatory, diagnostic and inpatient services to accommodate a growing community
- up to 80 per cent single patient rooms with a dedicated shower and large windows, including some rooms with views of the surrounding rural landscape such as the Grand River and extensive trail network
- modernized infection control measures, including additional isolation facilities, to enhance the hospital's ability to respond to a pandemic or disease outbreak
- up-to-date technology and clinical resources for physicians and staff
- energy-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly building features
- an onsite helipad to allow for faster access to patient transfers by air ambulance
IO and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Groves Memorial Community Hospital to build the new hospital, which will remain publicly owned, controlled and accountable.
- This project is being delivered using IO's Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model, an innovative way to finance and procure large, complex public infrastructure projects.
- 94 AFP projects have been brought to market as of September 30, 2016, with an approximate total capital value of $43 billion.
- 35 health care projects have been completed using the AFP model as of September 30, 2016.
- IO's 2015 Track Record Report showed that 98 per cent projects have been completed on budget.
- Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province's history. To learn more about what's happening in your community, go to Ontario.ca/BuildON.
Groves Memorial Community Hospital
Groves Memorial Community Hospital
Disponible en français